Most frequent questions and answers

We prefer that your materials be organized and that you can explain the thought process used in arranging the data. However, we will take materials in many forms including client drop-off of documentation, facsimile documents, email and regular US Mail.

We are always available to you as we are a year-round, full service, Accounting and Tax firm.

Fees for our tax preparation services are billed and payable upon completion of the tax preparation and filing, including e-filing, and/or providing documentation back to you that requires US Mail. The bill is based on the complexity of the return, as well as the time required for completing our work.

Fees for Accounting/Bookkeeping and Payroll services are agreed upon between our business and the client, and begin at the commencement of services. Depending on client needs, we would bill monthly or quarterly, and would encourage automatic payments to Village Tax and Accounting Solutions where appropriate.

If you get a “Notice” from the IRS, we would encourage you to call us for a review and also be prepared to provide us with a copy of the notice before a discussion occurs so we have the ability to review it. This can be done via email, facsimile or drop off. We would notify you of applicable fees before rendering any services.

Yes, clients should keep all their tax and supporting documentation for the current and prior seven (7) years. They should be prepared to provide any related information to requests they receive from third parties from their own documentation. Village Tax makes a record of the information they are legally required to. This does not include all documents needed to support the tax return.